"Junior Great Books" Literacy Program
- Listening to the story being read aloud by one of the guides, then writing initial questions or reflections on a flip chart.
- Listening to the story a second time, followed by open discussion and a written reflection assignment.
- Completing activities that help students understand vocabulary or text.
- Participating in a shared inquiry conversation where students openly discuss their interpretations of the text.
- Often, there is an art activity which allows the students to translate their reflections through images.
- Finally, students document their thoughts from the shared inquiry conversation and other activities.