Upper Elementary Immersion - Art and Theater

Upper Elementary students are spending two weeks immersing themselves in an area of their choosing: gardening, music, art, or theater. We've been sharing photos from each area throughout the week. Today, we'll share photos of art and theater.

After reviewing slab, coil, and pinch pot construction, art students first designed and then formed vessels out of clay. They were encouraged to consider both the functional and the sculptural aspects of their designs. Several students animated their pots with animal and human-like features while others chose to make more traditional clay vessel designs.




Theater students are preparing the play "The Battle of the Sun and Moon," a folk tale about the eclipse. Today they performed a dress rehearsal for their classmates.



Comments

  1. I am a former student and I must say, I miss that place. my art teacher was Missy and my LE teachers were Jennifer and Lee. I have benefited so much from this school and I hope that many more do as well.

    -Ariel Saunders

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment