Upper School's New Faces for 2017-2018

Garrett Farley

Role: Upper Elementary Science Guide

Background: Bachelor's Degree in Secondary Science Education from Florida Atlantic University,
former high school teacher, head of the nature program at a sleep away camp in Maine.

More about Garrett: "Having just moved to Nashville, I spend a lot of my free time exploring the city and hiking trails. I'm very excited to work with the students and guides and experience all of what Abintra has to offer!"




Christy Berryessa

Role: Upper Elementary Language Guide, Upper School Theater Guide

Background: BFA in Theater from Belmont, has acted in and costumed multiple productions in the Nashville area, including Nashville Shakespeare Festival. Christy is also a former Abintra student!

More about Christy: "When I'm not in the classroom, I'm either on stage acting or hanging out with my husband and my Husky."



David Cloniger

Role: Upper School Farm Manager

Background: Bachelor of Science in Anthropology from Guilford College; former store owner; traveler

More about David: "I have lived in Nashville since 2009 with my wife Margo and three kids on a small homestead-type farm in Bells Bend. My oldest is in the Upper Elementary class this year, and my youngest are homeschooled. Before coming to Nashville, we lived in North Carolina where we owned a "fair trade" store after coming back to the States from travels to Ghana, West Africa in the early 2000's. I'm excited and honored to be able to work on farm and garden projects with the students. It is my hope that through observation and participation on a working farm, we will learn our place in the natural world and how we can belong to it, and how it can belong to us."



Comments